Dr. Suman Shree R has done MBBS from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka in 1991, postgraduation in MD Anaesthesiology at Command Hospital, Airforce, Bangalore and completed her DNB (Anae) in 1995. She was a lecturer of Onco-anaesthesia at KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology in 1995. She did her Senior Residency, in Neuroanaesthesiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in 1998.
She completed Post Graduate Diploma in Medico Legal Systems (PGDMLS) and Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital & Health Care Management (PGDHHM) from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC), Pune in May 2009
Her main interests are Ophthalmic Anaesthesia focusing on Paediatric General Anaesthesia, Quality Management, NABH Assessment, Clinical Audit, Lean Six Sigma in Health Care and Yoga Therapy.
She is a certified NABH assessor, IMC-RBNQA Assessor , ISO Auditor (9001:2015), AHA (BLS&ALS) certified provider , IRC BCLS & CCLS instructor, Green belt in LSS (Lean Six Sigma), KAIZEN, 5S certification, FMEA, Visual Management & Poka Yoke, Balance Score Card.
She has been conducting Ashtanga Yoga classes and Yoga therapy modules since 2013.
1. "Comparative Evaluation of two different doses of Intranasal Dexmedetomidine in elderly hypertensive patients undergoing cataract surgery under peribulbar block: A prospective double blind randomized controlled study". Indian Journal of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia (IJOA) Vol 3 Issue 2 June-Dec 2023: Dr Vineetha SK, Dr Suman Shree Ramaswamy
2. "Clinical Audit-A Brief Communication", Indian Journal of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia (IJOA) July 2022: Dr. Suman Shree R,
3. "Comparative evaluation of efficacy and safety of Dexmedetomidine in patients with and without Beta blockers for Vitreo-retinal surgery", Indian Journal of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia (IJOA) Vol 1 Issue 1 Jan 2021: Dr. Suman Shree R, Dr. Anup N
4. “To Improve Insurance Patient Services by implementing Kaizen (5S)”: Quality Best Practices QCI- DL Shah Silver Award winning Case Study-2020 : Dr. Suman Shree R.
5. "Principles & practice of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia, Chapter 20-Anaesthesia for Pediatric Cataract Surgery". Jaypee Brothers Publication 2017. ISBN: 978-93-86261-23-6: Dr. Suman Shree R., Dr. Sri Ganesh, Dr. Veena & Dr. Kritika Chopra
6. “Determining the Economic Order Quality for Patient Files with Continuous Cost Reduction Programme” Quality Best Practices –Selected QCI- DL Shah Platinum Award winning Case Study Aug 2016 : Dr. Suman Shree R. & Dr. Rakhi Srivatsava
7. “Comparative evaluation of two different loading doses of dexmedetomidine with midazolam-fentanyl for sedation in vitreoretinal surgery under peribulbar anaesthesia” Indian Journal of Anaesthesia : Indian J Anaesth. 2016 Feb;60(2):89-93. doi: 10.4103/0019-5049.176277.: Feb 2016: Dr. Suman Shree R., Dr. Parimala B.
8. “Improvement in the postoperative visual outcome following cataract surgeries by reducing the average residual spherical error” The Journal of National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) July 2015: Dr. Suman Shree Ramaswamy, Dr. Sri Ganesh, Dr. Kalpesh H. Jain, Mrs. Deepa Giliyar Krishna.
9. “Improvement in Post Operative Visual Outcome Following Cataract Surgery (Phaco-emulsification with Intraocular Lens Implantation) by Reducing the Average Residual Spherical Error” Quality Best Practices –Selected QCI-DL Shah National Quality Award winning Case Study: Feb 2014: Dr. Sri Ganesh, Dr. Suman Shree R
10. “Dexmedetomidine Versus Midazolam-Fentanyl for Vitreo Retinal Surgery” E-Publication: OFISA Newsletter Issue:6, Jul-Dec 2013 : Dr. Suman Shree R.
11. “Evaluation of Three Regimens of Esmolol for Attenuation of Cardiovascular Response to Endotracheal Intubation — A comparison with Intravenous Lignocaine”. J. Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2003;19(l):45-52: Dr Suman Shree R., Dr V. Bhadrinarayan, Dr V.J. Ramesh, Dr G.S. Umamaheswara Rao.
12. “Atropine premedication and the Cardiovascular response to Electroconvulsive therapy”. B.J.A British Journal of Anaesthesia. Vol.81, No.3, Sept 1998 : Dr P.M. Mayur, Dr Suman Shree R, Dr B.N. Gandadhar, Dr G.S.U. Rao.