Short Term Fellowship Programmes
This program trains eye surgeons in this cutting-edge method of cataract surgery. The fellow is taken in sequential graded steps, from wet lab trials toassisting in surgery, performing phacoemulsification first under supervision, and then independently. The training also includes pre-operative work-up and post-operative care of patients. A faculty member will assist trainees
|SESSION COMMENCES||At the management discretion|
|PLACES AVAILABLE||One every month|
|QUALIFICATIONS||The applicant must be an ophthalmologist proficient in Small Incision cataract surgery Capsulorhexis|
|SELECTION||Selection is done on a first-come-first served basis.|
Admission Procedure: Applications for the programs should be accompanied by a curriculum vitae as well as copies of certificates
Training schedule (one month)
- Pre-operative evaluation and post-operative care of cataract patients
- Practicing a few steps of cataract surgery on animal eyes in wet lab
- Observation and training to perform diagnostic procedures like biometry, keratometry and bio microscopic evaluation.
- Assisting senior surgeons in cataract surgery (phacoemulsification as well as routine extra capsular surgery).
Second and Third week
- Performing supervised phacoemulsification surgery and assisting faculty in their surgeries.
Fourth week onwards
- Performing independent phacoemulsification surgeries and reviewing the performance with the faculty
Each trainee will be assigned to a member of the faculty for the full training period. The trainee's performance will be evaluated regularly. Trainees are encouraged to discuss all aspects of their surgical experience and techniques with the faculty. The training may be terminated if the trainee's performance and attitude to patient care services does not measure up to the Institute's expectations
For Financial information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the requirements of all international applications, in addition to other requirements mentioned in individual training and study program.
- Complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from the sponsoring agency
- A 200-word summary describing their current skills in ophthalmology, future goals, current lacunae in eye care in their home countries, and how the training they hope to receive at Nethradhama will benefit them and their home country.
- A letter of reference from the head of the department/institution in which they are currently working/training
How to Apply
- Application form can be obtained from the office of Nethradhama superspeciality Eye Hospital, Bangalore. This application fee is Rs.3000 /- postal charges as applicable.
- Application form downloaded from our website should be enclosed along with a DD favoring "Nethradhama Hospitals Pvt. Ltd." For Rs.3000/- towards application charges.
- All the entries in the application form must be legibly written in the candidate's own handwriting.
- The documents sent with the application form will not be returned. Hence only photocopies should be enclosed with the application. Original certificates should be brought to the interview.
- Candidates, who are asked to appear for interview, shall bear the expenses for travel and stay.
- Completed applications, along with 2 passport sized photographs with enclosures should reach the following address by 5 pm on the last date mentioned in the application form: The Medical Superintendent-Pg Courses, Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye Hospital, 256/14, Kanakapura Main Road, 7th Block Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560 082.
- Incomplete (or) wrongly filled applications and applications received after the due date will be rejected.
- Application fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The hospital outpatient working hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00am - 9:00pm & Sunday 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Students will be posted in the Emergency department on rosters.
- Reporting time for camps will be as per the intimation that will be sent to you.
- During the course the postgraduate and fellowship programme students are eligible for 12 days of casual leave per year i.e. done day per month, as per the hospital rules. The course will be extended if the student avails a long leave
- Leave can be availed of, only with the permission from the HOD.
- The students and fellows are allowed to attend one or two conferences depending on the duration of the course (State level or All India) during their course, with on duty permission, at their own expense.
The Courses are, full time and no private practice of any kind either directly or indirectly is permitted. An undertaking of this rule will have to be given at the time of joining the course. Necessary disciplinary action, including dismissal from the course, will be taken if the course performance and code of conduct is unsatisfactory.Click Here For Application Form