Phaco Refractive Fellowship
Terms and conditions :
- Candidates must be post MS/ DNB/ DOMS
- Candidates are required to have basic surgical skills and experience in ECCE, SICS &confidence in basic steps of making a CCC and scleral tunnel.
- Candidates who have presented papers / posters in state or national conferences and those interested in publications will be given preference.
- Candidates are required to come for 2 days observership to the hospital, wherein they will get a chance to observe surgeries in OR, patient management in OPD, interaction with the faculty and fellows of Phaco and refractive department. They will be interviewed on the third day, wherein they are free to discuss their interests and expectations from the course. They will be notified by email within a weeks time about the final decision regarding their selection. Upon selection, they will be given upto 4 weeks to join the course.
What can the candidates expect from the course ?
- While in fellowship, the candidates will be trained on OPD, surgical skills, decision making and approach towards routine and complicated scenarios in cataract and refractive surgery, through videos and case based discussions. They will have full access to the state of the art diagnostic and research equipments such as the IOL Master 700, Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatment for dry eye, iTrace aberrometer, Pentacam HR, ATLAS topography systems, Optovue & Cirrus 500 ASOCT systems, HD analyser for optical quality and Corvis ST for corneal biomechanics.
- Depending upon their basic skill and experience, the candidates may expect upto 100 phacoemusification procedures, and upto 20 refractive procedures including PRK, Microkeratome Lasik, Femto Lasik, ReLEx SMILE and ICL.
- Meritorious candidates will be selected for travel grants and given the opportunity to present papers and videos at various national and international conferences.
- During the course of the fellowship, the candidates will be required to present clinical cases, journal clubs and seminars and conduct clinical research projects in topics related to cataract and refractive surgery, attend night duties and outstation cataract screening camps.
- Total duration of the course will be 18 months (extendable upto 24 months).
- At the end of the course, the candidates will be awarded a completion certificate of their fellowship from the hospital.
Course Faculty :
Dr. Sri Ganesh
MBBS, MS, DNB, DSC(Hon), FRCS(Gla), FAICO(Hon)
Chairman & Managing Director
Dr. Sheetal Brar
M.B.B.S, MS, FPRS, FC Consultant-Phacoemulsification &Refractive / Cornear
Dr. Savio Pereira
MBBS, MS, FPR Consultant Phaco & Refractive