The green ring outlining the gradual enlarging of optic nerve "cup" shows the progression of the Glaucoma disease
Nethradhama gives importance to Patient Expectations, those aspects of care most appropriately identified by the patient. These include consideration for a patient's rights, comfort, culture, dignity, privacy, security, and individuality. Collectively, how these patients interests are allowed to affect patient treatment show our respect and care for the individual. We believe the patient has the right to expect that these needs will be coordinated in an atmosphere, which supports quality, interdisciplinary respect, and professionalism. Here are some details about each procedure and patient guidelines.
- Guide to Eye examination
- Outpatient procedures
- Daycare procedures
- Guidelines for patients with Medical Reimbursements, Mediclaim or Health Insurance
Guide to Eye examination
Why is Eye examination important?
Regardless of your age or physical health, it is important for everyone to have regular eye checkup.During a complete eye exam, your eye doctor will not only determine your prescription for glasses, but will also check your eyes for common eye diseases and evaluate your eyes as an indicator of your overall health
Who should get their Eyes Examined?
- Eye examinations are an important part of health maintenance for everyone.
- Adults should have their eyes tested to keep their prescriptions updated and to check for early signs of eye disease.
- Children who have trouble seeing or interpreting what they see will often have trouble with their schoolwork. Many times, children will not complain of vision problems simply because they don't know what "normal" vision looks like. If your child exhibits a reading or learning disability, be sure to have his eyes examined to rule out an underlying visual cause. A routine eye checkup is recommended for all children before they start school ie before 5years of age.
- Adults and children who are associated with frequent computer use can be affected with vision problems