The Anesthesiology service of the Nethradhama Super specialty Eye Hospital provides preanaesthetic evaluation and anesthetic care for all types of ophthalmic surgical procedures. Patients undergo preoperative evaluation after the relevant diagnostic tests. From infants to the elderly, all patients are given day care anaesthesia with advanced anaesthetic techniques and drugs that promote rapid recovery and appropriate postoperative pain relief.
The Anesthesiology Service at Nethradhama is provided by qualified & credentialed anesthesiologists. The anesthesia team includes specialized anesthesiologists for General Anesthesia and IV sedation and Monitored Anesthesia Care for Local and Topical anesthesia. Ophthalmologists provide local anaesthesia in the presence of an anesthesiologist for monitored anesthesia care. They are assisted by specially trained and certified operation theatre nurses and technicians.
The anesthesiologists are actively involved in teaching and training the Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life support teams. Regular Code Blue drills are conducted to evaluate the preparedness in handling cardio respiratory emergencies.
The patients are evaluated whenever possible, the day before anesthesia is required. The most appropriate anesthetic management is selected based on the individual's problems and the procedure to be performed. In case of General Anesthesia, an anesthetic plan is formulated. Topical or Regional anesthesia, either alone or in combination with Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia, for surgery and postoperative pain control, is strongly encouraged with a multidisciplinary approach. We are highly responsive to pain management in the post operative period. The Recovery score and the Pain score are closely monitored by the anaesthesiologists.
Our Monitored Anesthesia Care incorporates the state-of-the-art equipment including Electrocardiography with respiration monitor, Capnography, Pulsoximetry, Non invasive blood pressure, Temperature monitors, and stand-by Defibrillator.
Aespire Anaesthesia Workstation (GE - Datex Ohmeda)
The Aespire anaesthesia system is a compact integrated and intuitive anaesthesia delivery system. The 7100 ventilator provides mechanical ventilation for patients during surgery as well as monitoring & displaying various patient parameters.
The oxygen monitor measures and displays oxygen concentration in the patient circuit. The Tec7 vaporizer is designed to use in continuous flow techniques of inhalation anaesthesia. The Meditec Datum vaporizer(Abbott) provides accurate concentration of sevoflurane in the fresh gas supply.
Anaesthesia Star 55 (L&T) with AGM
Staff training is done through regular classes of Cardio pulmonary resuscitation. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitaton (CPR /Code blue) drills are conducted regularly to evaluate the resuscitation preparedness of the CPR team & staff.
Pedius C Anesthesia Workstation
Nethradhama has installed Pedius C Inhalation Anesthesia Apparatus with Drager Vapor 19.n halothane vaporiser. It is a revolutionary anesthesia workplace solution marks the dawn of a new age in anesthesia technology from Usha Drager Medical Systems – where the focus shifts from individual parameters and functions to a comprehensively Safe and efficient delivery of general anesthesia.
Pedius C, a reliable and safe system for inhalation anesthesia opens the door to unlimited possibilities in anesthesia, patient monitoring and documentation. You can not only optimize your clinical workflow throughout the entire patient care process, but also improve your Operting Room cost efficiency. The Safety features are:
- S-ORC (Sensistive Oxygen Ration controller) which ensures 25% O2 at all the time in fresh gas flow.
- Nitrolock i.e., N2O is cut off automatically if O2 supply fails.
- Oxygen failure alarm- Audible alarm for minimum 7 seconds and pressure relief valve.
Hewlett Packard (Philips) Multi Channel Modular Colour Patient monitoring system-Viridia 24
Nethradhama has the state-of-the-art HP Agilent 24 patient monitoring system along with the full range of accessories which helps the medical team to deliver high quality anesthesia care in a variety of elective and emergency situation. This non-invasive patient monitors include all of the essentials and are versatile enough for use in adult and paediatric applications in the hospital and ambulatory care.
The important features are
- Compact portable monitor with ECG & pacemaker detector, SpO2, Respiration, NIBP measurements, Temperature and Capnography
- The lightest monitor in its class-4.9 lbs which is ideal for use during transport and in ambulatory care environments.
- Motion-tolerant SpO2, NIBP with STAT mode, mainstream EtCo2 (end tidal Co2).
- 10.4 inch colour display, optimal viewing features and uses universal Philips connectors.
- Ease of Operation, advanced monitoring capability, flexible, modular and provide backup incase of power failure.
Mediaid M 1000 Vital sign monitoring system
- 10.4" Colour TFT Display, with maximum 4 wave forms.
- Parameters including ECG / RESP, SpO2, NIBP, TEMP and Pulse Rate
- Maximum 72-hour graphic and tabular trends of all parameters
- Suitable for adult, paediatric and neonatal patient.
- ST segment analysis
- Arrythmia analysis
- Networking Capability
- Pacemaker detection
- Drug calculations & titration Table
- Alarm recall – 60 latest events with wave forms.
- In-built rechargeable Battery
Planet 50 (L&T) Patient Monitoring System
Nethradhama has the state-of-the-art Planet 50 (L&T) patient monitoring system along with the full range of accessories which helps the medical team to deliver high quality anaesthesia care in a variety of elective and emergency situations. This non-invasive patient monitors include all of the essentials and are versatile enough for use in adult and paediatric applications in the hospital and ambulatory care.
- Vital sign transport monitor for ECG, Respiration, Pulse-oximeter, Non-invasive BP and Temperature is available in Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye Hospital.
- High resolution 6.4" (diagonally) colour TFT display.
- User selectable screen formats / 24 hours data storage facility in tabular and graphical mode with zoom facility and separate tabular trend for NIBP to store and view last 240 readings.
- Displays NIBP measurement, SpO2 values, Pulse Rate, Plethysmograph along with perfusion bar indicator.
- Graded and colour coded audio/visual alarms.
- Programmable Arrhythmia package/ Cautery and defibrillator protection.
- Comprehensive patient data entry
- External battery jack (12V) for car battery – Transport application.
- Can be mounted on bed rail (Transport application).
Stellar (L&T) Bed-side cardiac monitor
- High resolution 6.5" (diagonally) monochrome LCD display.
- 24 hours data storage facility in graphical mode with zoom facility.
- Cautery and defibrillator protection.
- Auto setting of alarm limits depending on current patient's parameter values with a single press of key for all the parameters.
- Alarm recall facility to view last 16 critical alarms (patient related).
- Programmable Arrhythmia package.
- Can be used as transport and ambulatory monitor.
- Mains and battery operation [in-built battery] for 3hr.
L&T Comet-P Pulsoximeter
|The Comet-P pulsoximeter is a new desktop pulse oximeter that was designed for continuous use and has visual and audible alarms. It also incorporates an LCD waveform monitor.|
Mediaid Pulsoximeter Model
The MAC® 500 Resting ECG System is a portable 12-lead electrocardiograph designed for acquisition - with or without analysis. The system can also be configured to incorporate the proven 12SL ECG analysis program.The MAC 500 Resting ECG System is a cost-effective complement to Nethradhama ECG requirements.
L&T Planet 50n Multiparameter Monitor
Nethradhama has the state-of-the-art Planet 50n (L&T) patient monitoring system along with the full range of accessories which helps the medical team to deliver high quality anaesthesia care in a variety of elective and emergency situations. This non-invasive patient monitors include all of the essentials and are versatile enough for use in adult and paediatric applications in the hospital and ambulatory care