B. Sc Optometry
B.Sc Optometry is a four year degree program which includes one year internship. During the course a lot of emphasis is given to hands-on training, so thatat the end of the course students are competent in evaluating and managing ophthalmic disorders
- Candidates should have passed the two year Pre-University Exam conducted by Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka state or an equivalent of the two year Pre-University examination for candidates outside Karnataka state. International Candidates are also required to have passed an equivalent of the two year Pre-University examination.
- Candidates should have achieved a total aggregate of 50 % in English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
- Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates who have completed their diploma in optometry and wanting to pursue a degree course in optometry can apply for a lateral entry directly to the second year of B. Sc optometry course. Syllabus
- Candidates who have completed their 2 / 3 years diploma in optometry with 1 year of experience in eye care industry or degree in optometry will be allowed to apply.
- Interested candidate will have to qualify the entrance exam / Interview and Clinical evaluation to get selected for their opted field of fellowship.
- Contact lens, Computer vision syndrome, LVA
- Refractive diagnostics and Biometry
- Glaucoma Diagnostics
- Retina Diagnostics & Electrophysiology
- The fellow is expected to finish a project in their selected field of study
- The duration of the course is 1year for people with a degree in optometry and 1.5 years for people with diploma in optometry.
- The course begins in August / September every year.
- Number of vacancy is 2 per field
- Please contact the Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) for application form, fees structure, and stipend payable.
- Class Room and Laboratory
- Nethradhama School of optometry has well established class Rooms and laboratory for clinical practice and clinical training for students to improve their skills
|Basic Biochemistry & Nutrition||General & Ocular Anatomy & Physiology|
|Physical & Geometric Optics & Principles of Lighting||Computer Programming|
|Functional English & Communications||Mathematics|
|Optometric Optics||Clinical Examination of Visual System & Optometric Instruments|
|Pharmacology, Microbiology & Pathology||Visual Optics|
|Contact Lenses||Systemic & Ocular Diseases|
|Low Vision Aids & Geriatric Optometry||Dispensing Optics & Occupational Optometry|
|Pediatric Optometry & Binocular Vision||Project|
|Clinics||Law & Optometry|
|Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
Fellowship in Clinical Optometry
Fellowship in Clinical Optometry provides the best opportunity for exposure to different specialties at Nethradhama Super Speciality Eye Hospital JayanagarBangalore branch. It involves extensive hand-on training rather than the classical classroom teaching.